Thursday, May 30, 2013

86.96KM...

By Frank

Yeap, as the entry title suggest, 86.96KM is the official distance for the Comrades Marathon 2013, the "Up"  run. 



All the trainings, efforts and sacrifices will be acknowledge come this Sunday, 2 June 2013, 5.30am (11.30am Malaysian time). 7 Malaysians myself included will start off on their epic journey running 86.96KM "Up"wards from Durban to Pietermaritzburg.

The route profile.

For our eager friends back home who will like to keep track of our progress on race day, I believe all of our Facebook accounts has been enabled with the auto tracker updater. Else,you may visit www.comrades.com or www.mrpriceheroes.co.za for the result updates. Just enter our race number or registered name as shown on the image below. Just do take note that there are only 5 updates throughout the race where the 5 big hills are.

Proudly Malaysians.

Another way to live the experience will be the live streaming over YouTube. Just search for SABC or Comrades Marathon 2013 and you should be able to live stream the entire 12 hour event at the comfort of your couch as we run.

Before signing off, I would like to take this opportunity to thank my sponsors Saucony, GU Energy, Yurbuds, Drymax, Optic Nerve, LifeStrength and 2ndskin for providing me with gears much needed from preparation to race day.

Let's Be Frank.

And finally but not least, a big THANK to everyone at CARIF and the team behind Be Frank. It has been great to have the support from you all in making my dreams possible in raising cancer awareness in uniting my passion for running and cancer research. And I do hope the general public will understand what myself and CARIF are doing in creating cancer awareness and research. And should you be interested in supporting myself and cancer research, we will be very grateful for any amount of donations from you which can be made at www.befrank.com.my. And in that, I thank you in advance.

So there you have it. This will be my final entry on my road to Comrades Marathon 2013. Do wish all 7 of us Malaysians luck as we run probably the greatest road ultra marathon in the world. Till I blog again...

No comments: