Monday, February 04, 2008

Day 8: The Star And The Lake...

By Frank

After a successful KL Tower Towerthon yesterday, I was invited by Ronnie from Der_Pacemakers to join them for a training run today at Lake Gardens. Initially, I was too busy with the Chinese New Year preparation that I had to decline his offer. But after serious consideration, I find that his offer is just too tempting. I quickly finish what I could at home and contacted Ronnie to inform him that I will be joining them. And in the evening, off I went to Lake Gardens bringing along my adidas adistar Cushion 6.

I met up with Ronnie, Lai Fong San, Kenny and Geraldine, and at 6.15pm, off we went. The run was a mixture of flats, up and downhills, good for speedworks and strengthening the leg. And, we are offered with some pretty good scenery of Lake Gardens and its surroundings. Overall, it was a good run and I did 11.15KM, clocking 01:27:28.

But how did the adidas adistar Cushion 6 performed? As with the previous report at Day 2, I had trouble with the tongue. Therefore today, I tied the laces a bit tighter than usual to prevent the tongue from moving around and it worked. However, it was a bit uncomfortable as it was just tight! I guess I need to find another way to tie the laces. As for the shoe's weight, I think I'm getting a bit more used to it now although it's still heavy! However, there was not much drag this time as it is day 8 afterall. My legs are slowly adjusting to it, I guess.

The impressive part was the cushioning. The adiPRENE, adiPRENE + and FORMOTION was working so well that I felt no pain on both my legs even after a stressful towerthon yesterday. I guess this shoe will be suitable for long distance runs if you are comfortable with the weight as it is really leg friendly. And my feet was so comfortable in the shoe with sufficient moving space. And not to mention the ventilation of the shoe. My feet were kept cool most of the time thanks to some tiny holes at the soles of the shoe.
.

The ventilation holes at the sole...

Overall, the shoe is getting better and better. I just hope my legs will be able to accomodate to the shoe's weight after a few more runs with it. And also, need to find a way to settle the tongue issue.

No comments: