Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 23: The Star Meets The Acti-Fit...

By Frank

Time passes and I'm into the final week of the adidas shoe seeding program. So far, the adidas adistar Cushion 6 has work pretty well for my training. Other than that, I have not use it for any races. But anyway, today I am to compare the factory insoles with my training insoles. Meet the Acti-Fit A+.

When I first met Krishnan on Day 1, I was curious on why did he choose a cushioning shoe for me after showing him my foot scan results. I did ask him and his reply was "It's OK". Hmm... It really caught me by suprise as I'm a mild pronator. I expected him to choose a motion control shoe for me instead but he did not. But still anyhow, I followed his advise as he is the shoe expert.

The factory insole (yellow) meets the Acti-Fit A+ insole (red)...

The factory insole (top) is almost flat while the Acti-Fit A+ provides arch support (bottom)...

So after 23 days, I finally put in my Acti-Fit A+ insoles into the shoe. First feeling was, the shoe fitted better and finally there's a support on my arch. The factory insoles are actually pretty flat and it offers almost no support at all. With my Acti-Fit A+, I ran better especially during hill climbs. The heel area of the insoles is made of Poron, a material to absorb shock thus improving an already great cushioning system by the adiPRENE.

The Acti-Fit A+ fitting nicely in the adidas adistar Cushion 6...

So with the Acti-Fit A+, I've turned the adidas adistar Cushion 6 into a motion control shoe, well almost. I will say this shoe will suit a supinator otherwise known as a under-pronator more due to it's cushioning nature. I'm lucky that I didn't experience any pain with this shoe. But anyway, 7 more days to go to test the shoe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, they don't pay you extra for advertising the insoles, do they??

Haha, glad that u are okay with the insoles.. Runners with knees problem should give arch support (for the feet) a try.. also recommended for ppl with shin splints, back/hip pain during/after running (or walking).

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

...

Oh, also good for ppl with over-pronation, calves pain, rehab after injury, heel pain, ankle instability/pain..

BUT efficiency depends on the intensity of ze problem.. :P

Richard said...

I love my new insoles which got from Therapymagnetic.com... They are more comfortable and nice!!