Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Recharging The Battery...

By Frank


Come this Saturday, will be my second marathon of the year and also my eleventh. The Energizer Night Race 2010, as the name suggest will be a night run and the venue will be at Cyberjaya. With the Putrajaya Night Marathon 2010 held just last month at the city just next to it, I will foresee that this is going to be a very humid run as it is starting off at 6pm unless the sky decides to open up in the evening just like how it is doing now for the past few days.

Running a marathon isn't an easy thing especially when one isn't prepared for it. For my case, I am not prepared for this marathon at all. But I told myself that there is a higher stake at hand which is the ultra marathon at Sundown Marathon 2010. Therefore, a sacrifice is needed to be made and this will be part of my buildup to it. My running mileage has hit an all time low due to the fact that I was injured, lazy to run alone and also the lack of races. In fact, a few days ago when I mentioned that my running mileage for this year is at about 200KM for now, I was sounded by Luc. Perhaps a wake up call?

I had a fabulous but yet breathless run with Luc yesterday morning running the double hills route. At the end of it, though feeling out of breath, I do feel good. Perhaps a sign of a come back? Let's hope it is and not just a come and go feel.

Back to the Energizer Night Race 2010, I agreed with Keat Seong a week ago that we shall run together for this. I have not run with him before, therefore I would not know if his pace suits me like how Lynn's pace is. But there's always a first time and it's for the both of us to find out. However, he has just recovered from sickness and his fitness may not be 100%. But yet, I told him that we will start together till he signals to me to carry on. We shall see how it goes. I do hope to complete within a time of 4:45 hours for this run, a pretty comfortable pace for a training run.

Hopefully with this run, I will be able to regain some of my confidence. My "battery" seriously needs to be recharge and I do hope Energizer can provide me with some "power". Hahaha...

6 comments:

RaYzeef said...

Hi frank, i am sure ENR is on Saturday...u better check your calander,..he he. gud luck for run.

Yimster said...

Good luck Frank! Dont forget to use Energizer battery ya :)

Frank Chong said...

RaYzeef: Oops... Typo error. Edited already. Thanks for pointing it out.

Yimster: Thanks a lot. Can I use Tesco battery? :p

Anonymous said...

Hi, I wanted to join the race but its already closed. Is there any idea I can join the race anymore. I did called in the Energizer office but they said no more plc.

Frank Chong said...

Anonymous: Yes, registration is already close. Another time perhaps.

Yimster said...

Frank, of course can lah but have to change many sets liao hahaha. So stick to Energizer for long lasting battery :)