Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Approach To Great Eastern Pacesetters 30KM 2008...

By Frank
.
After ending year 2007 with a high profile event at the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2007, it’s time to kick start the year 2008 running season with yet another high profile event, this time being the Great Eastern Pacesetters 30KM 2008.

The race is just 5 days away from now, and my training has seized today. It’s now rest time. Honestly, the training I had this time isn’t as fruitful as I had wished it could have been as I had suffered a cracked heel after the race at Singapore. The cracked heel eventually tore into my skin which prevented me from running for a while. And to add matters worst, I suspected that I pulled my ACL or my Iliotibial Band during my first run after the Singapore event before the crack heel got worst. It did go away after a week though but till today, the crack heel remains but not as serious as it may have been. At least there isn’t any open wound.

Basically what I had after Singapore, building up to the Great Eastern Pacesetters 30KM 2008 was most of it, strength and rehab exercises. I spend time building strength on the upper body and also the legs. And also that I am doing some rehab exercises as I am slightly bow-legged on my right leg. It’s only around 2 weeks ago that I started running more intense after the wound on my heel fully healed up. Too little, too late? I am not sure but I am still feeling good without any fatigue kicking in during my runs.

I have run this 30KM route before. It was a tough route with hills, not to mention the ever popular double uphill climb. I’m sure I will be able to finish the race, but the thing that worries me is the qualifying time as it is set to 3 hours 30 minutes which is just about my standard during my feel good day. Just keeping my fingers and toes cross for now and run my best. Till then, stay tune for the event report next.

No comments: