Sunday, April 22, 2012

Outrunning Cancer and Comrades...

Come this Thursday, 26 April 2012 at 7pm, there will be a talk regarding cancer and also the Comrades Marathon over at Running Lab, Tropicana City Mall. This is of course held in conjunction with the The Ultimate Race for Cancer Research.

Ms. Yoon Sook Yee, Genetics Counsellor and Seniors Manager from CARIF (Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation) that I'm closely working with will give a talk regarding cancer and also the much research being done to it. And not forgetting of course the story of CARIF on their part in helping out in this field.

My part will of course be emphasizing on Rhabdomyosarcoma, my medical background and also the Comrades Marathon. My medical background has never been made public at this scale yet and this will be my first time facing live audiences. Hopefully no butterflies in my tummy.

The talk is of course free for all but as the store can't accommodate many seats, the first 40 successfully registered will get a guaranteed seat and complimentary door gifts too. For the rest, perhaps just make yourself comfortable. The talk's duration won't be as lengthy as a football match. The details are as stated on the following diagram.



There will of course be Q & A sessions coupled with light snack and refreshments. Oh, and did I mentioned that the light snacks will be a healthy one too from our very own Karen Loh, celebrity runner, chef and super mummy! So if you want to know more about anything from cancer to myself and also the Comrades Marathon, feel free to drop by at Running Lab this 26 April 2012 at 7pm. All is most welcome and I hope to see many faces around.

No comments: