Sunday, April 10, 2011

Let's Spin...

By Frank

Had a miserable run this morning. Started off at 5am with Jamie and Fui Cheng running in the "Giant hypermarket loop" for 3 times as part of warming up and also to wait for Rao and the others to arrive. Vince who is supposed to start with Fui Cheng at 4.30am overslept and didn't make it. Vince, how dare you "aeroplane" the lady in our Aladdin Runnerz group. Hahaha...

The comfy pace during the warm up gave me a boost during the start of the run with the others. In fact, so boosted that I was going at a rather fast pace. Decided to slow down upon hitting a total of 10KM and just drafted behind Jamie till he increased his pace. I remained with my own pace till hitting 18KM when suddenly the area around my left anterior talofibular ligament suddenly felt painful. Yes, it's pain and not sore. It's the third time I'm experiencing this pain, the previous 2 probably due to tight socks. But today, my socks was of normally padded socks. Not sure if it was an after effect from the recent Twilight Ultra Challenge 2011 as I did experience the same thing there, which caused me to remove my socks.


Area of pain. Mind the leg hair please...


Due to the pain, I decided to jog and walk back. Didn't want to risk anything, though I'm kind of worried about any tear there. Hmmm... All in all, a 25KM really slow and miserable run for me this morning. Only the first 18KM was fruitful.

YS recently asked about my next game plan for tackling the century distance. Initially, due to my work commitments, I've planned to put in runs between 5KM to 8KM three times on the weekdays after office hours, while I pile on the mileage on the weekends. However, due to the above, I guess I have think twice now. I guess it's time to open up my bike trainer which has been in the box for over 2 months since I collected it from Chee Kong. Instead of running 3 times on the weekdays, spinning will be the alternative now. At least it keeps my legs moving and my heart pumping. Not sure how will my ankle react to it, but will see how. There's always another plan. Just have to be creative.

It's time the trainer comes out from it's box...

2 comments:

Daryl said...

I had and still having the same pain on and off like yours. And also i first experience it at twilight run...do u hv a solution to this injury. i find putting rocktape and with the compression...it kind of help.

Frank Chong said...

Hi Daryl. I'm not a believer of rocktape, or maybe not just yet. I'm trying to rectify the problem by consuming some remedies like ginger, milk, etc...