Sunday, December 19, 2010

Malakoff 12KM Kuala Lumpur 2010...

Event: Malakoff 12KM Kuala Lumpur 2010
Venue: Bukit Kiara Equestrian Park, Kuala Lumpur
Date: 19 December 2010
Time: 7.10am
Distance: 12KM
Shoe: K-Swiss K-Ona
By Frank

It's a very cool morning! It will play a good part for this run. However, there is always someone out there to spoil the whole mood!

This is one of the tougher runs around the Klang Valley. With the number of rolling hills, this run will be a good one to test out one's endurance and tolerance. And with this, I will be running with my client to guide him through. I agreed to coach him and it has been 2 weeks he has been following the program which I've sent to him. This is the first time I be running alongside with him and this will allow me to study him further.

And so, I arrived at the Securities Commission car park at 5.45am. The car park is half filled but I managed to secure a pretty good spot, at least I though. I waited for my client to arrive, but he didn't appear. Instead I met up with Lawrence, Henry and Yim before I jog to the race site. There, I met my client! Went through with him the warming up and stretching procedure before we witness the women category being flagged off at 7am. Yeap, it's a staggered start this year with the men being flagged off 10 minutes later.

Started slowly as I wanted to run it with him monitoring his heart rate. Completed our first loop with ease averaging a 6:15 per kilometer pace. He did fine but as we approach the second loop, he began to slow. On the flats, he was fine but towards the hills, the pace slowed. Overall during the second loop, I gave him 2 sessions of increased pace, being on the hills. He did fine but there was plenty of room still for improvements.

Anyway, I did managed to run alongside my client the entire distance and we crossed the finish line together with a time of 01:12:43, almost 2 minutes ahead of the time secretly set by me. Didn't want to tell him this as I didn't want him to feel pressure. Exchange some trial and error tips with him as we walked towards to collect our finisher's medal and post run meal. Then taught him about stretching too before we parted ways later.

Front view of the finisher's medal...

Rear view of the finisher's medal...

Managed to catch up with Karen, Carol, Khairul and Lawrence later. It was fun to hang out with them as their happy go lucky personalities is really hard to come by nowadays in the running scene. Quite a fair bit of chatting before going back to the car park with Carol and Lawrence. As I walked towards the car park, I thought of last year's car break in incident. And when I got back to my car, I instantly checked on my car's trunk key hole which was damaged a few months back during the Shape & Men's Health Run 2010. And to my horror, it was dented! Someone has tried to gain access to it. And being an empty trunk, I lost nothing. My car's trunk and also the interior was empty except for my Jusco teddy bear! But my poor key hole which was just replaced a couple of months back is back dented again! *grumbles*

Dented again...

Anyway, the positive side from this run is that beside being well organised, it also stamps down as my return as a personal trainer, 4 months after leaving the scene. And it's one job I really enjoy doing!

No comments: