Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thank You, Terry Fox Foundation...

By Frank
Back in November 2008, I participated in the annual Terry Fox Run 2008 in Malaysia. In fact, I have been participating in it since 2006 and I mark it down each year to run it, in a charity drive and running event to raise the awareness of finding a cure for cancer.

All the way from Canada...

As usual after completing each running event, I will certainly blog about it. However, Terry Fox Run 2008 was different in a way as upon blogging about it, I received an e-mail the next day from Judith, the international director for the Terry Fox Foundation from Canada. She has read about my entry and her reason was simple, to use some of my photos taken at our local run here and also to give some feedbacks on it. I have no problems on such a simple request and therefore agreed to it. Today, a couple of months plus since the event, to my much delight, I received 5 copies of the Terry Fox Foundation certificates accompanied with seals, ribbons and event tattoos for my friends who joined the run with me. And there was even a "Thank You" card from Judith herself.

To run in Terry Fox Run is certainly great. But to receive an e-mail directly from the foundation itself and also the certificates and stuff, is something beyond words. In fact, it's priceless. To Judith and the Terry Fox Foundation, I thank you for everything. And in together, we shall share our dedication to Terry Fox and his dream in finding a cure for cancer. THANK YOU!

3 comments:

Jamie Pang said...

that's nice of them!

Andrew said...

Wow nice!

I hope I'm able to join this year's Terry Fox Run.

C-CUBE said...

a great compliment from them that you totally deserved. keep it up. and today both julie and myself just lost a friend who suffers from stomach cancer. may god bless him. Amitabha.