Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Well Deserved Break...

By Frank

Since running my first marathon of the year 2008 at KLIM08, I've been hit by a very hectic running schedule. To train 3 or 4 weekdays followed by a long distance run in the weekend and not forgetting that almost every weekend, I found myself in a race. Since the start of April 2008 till now, I have ran a total of 523.92KM which include races and my training runs, which also equals to 12 races and 2 long runs all done back to back every week. Although it was tiring, I must say that I really enjoyed it. Not only it helped me improve my running and fitness level, I found myself breaking my own personal best at almost every race I ran in. To me, the highlight will be the 3 runs (Larian Bersama Bomba 2008, Putrajaya Night Run 2008 and World Asthma Day Jogathon 2008) I did in a matter of 26 hours and the Sundown Marathon 2008.

With all this, I think I now deserve a break from running, at least for a month. It's been 10 days since I started this break of mine, and although I am still running, I am not runnig as much as I used to. I'm just running to maintain my fitness level. With all the runnings done, I have lost a tremendous amount of weight and with this, I am now focusing on resistance training, to build back my mass and also to build my strength. The training is not easy but with my knowledge and experiences as a personal trainer, I had the upper hand. Besides, I'm lucky that I have my own home-gym and also exposed to other training equipments needed. To me, all these are very important factors and part of my training for my year end push for the major events like the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2008 which I have my eyes on. I believe to train smart over training hard, quality over quantity. And with a strong body, it will certainly help with my running. I might struggle a little once I'm back into the race scene in August 2008 especially there is a half marathon awaiting me there, but I believe it will be just for short time before I'm back at my fullest!
.

The weight bench, barbell and plates. Part of my many training equipments now...

No comments: