Sunday, October 14, 2007

Phedippidations Worldwide Half Marathon 2007 Report...

Event: Phedippidations Wordwide Half Marathon 2007
Venue: Bukit Aman carpark, Kuala Lumpur
Date: 14 October 2007
Time: 6.00am
Distance: 19.6KM
Shoe: adidas Supernova Cushion 6
By Frank

The weather was nice at 6am after a heavy downpour yesterday. Cool and refreshing is how I describe it. Started the run with Andy at 6.05am starting from the Bukit Aman carpark heading towards to the Petronas station at Sri Hartamas. There weren't anyone else although there are many runners at the carpark. Probably they are still waiting for their friends. Anyway, we took it light and easy, more like a jog. No problems at all except for Andy running out of breath. We walk together whenever he is tired as I promised not to leave him or any of my members behind. Besides, this isn't any competition.
.

Frank with his customised bib before the run...

As we reach the government office area, other runners started to overtake us, including PM1 and Carboman. This was a new experience for Andy as this area is covered with mixtures of up and down hills, although just a mild one. His heart rate sky rocketed high here assuming his readings are correct. I reach the station at the time of 01:06:11. Rested for a while there before continuing our journey back. The journey back is slightly slower. Around 2KM before reaching the finish line, we were greeted by Kelvin, a member from Pacemakers. Funny and noisy guy. Haha... As both me and Andy are walking, he told us to continue running which I did later and eventually overtook him as I sprinted at the last 1KM. I clocked 01:10:34.

Andy conquering the hill...

My total time was 02:16:45 with a distance covered of 19.6KM. I know we are 1.4KM short of achieving the half marathon distance, but I just didn't want to push Andy too much. He is still considered "new" to me and am still in the learning progress. Besides, I'm actually quite worry about his heart rate. Therefore, whether is this a "cheat" run or anything else, I don't really care that much as this is more like a training for us for the upcoming Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2007.

Overall results:
02:16:45 - #1091 Frank
02:21:23 - #1093 Andy

No comments: